Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Interview and The Job

When I taught 2011 would be a brand new year, as I would build up my career after 11 years of school life and 5 years more of university life, it somehow become blurry when I found out hard reality to "swallow".

Just to recap, after I successfully finished my thesis which drives me CRAZY within a month, I was too eager to find a job,my FIRST job that can boost my career. Basically, I want MONEY! It's like
"THIS IS IT!" or "MY FIRST JOB"
Weehoooo!!

Then, everything is history! No,this is not all fairy tales! 

Let me teach you guys and girls something today and the class starts NOW! SALIN!!!!!!

Original plan was having the time of my life,relaxing at home for at least a month and you know,have fun and more fun! But FUN starts with  M,which is MOOLAAHH a.k.a Money! As my education loan a.k.a PTPT* started to ignore me and be my worst enemy (booo!!), I need to figure out a way to have MORE fun, and no PAMA doesn't help,I've tried! :( 

Now, Money starts with J which is JOB!
Fun = Money + Job 
*Terrible scientific solution over here*

So,I applied more than 10 jobs at a time,which only 2 responded  (Syukur,Alhamdulillah) at the SAME TIME! Went to both of the interviews, and fall in love with both options and as usual,when Fun spells with M, I have to pick only one and I pick Option B,because it starts with more M. * Refer to the formula,again!*

The ONLY TIP from me,when going to an interview and NO,it's not being confident anymore!!

1.PREPARE ON WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ASK!!!!!

-like "What's the salary range for this position?" or "How many of holidays am I entitled for a year?" or "Do I get paid if I work on public holidays?" or "If I don't get paid, do I get a day off as a replacement for the particular public holidays that I have to work?" or "Which public holidays that I'm not entitled to have?"

-BELIEVE ME you're gonna keep on wondering about this minor things,even though after 2 months of working "memvavi buta" LIKE ME! Maybe up to a year,if I don't bother about it~

Then,all the negative thoughts kept on coming in and I somehow can't really differentiate what is right and what is wrong anymore.  It's only 1 1/2 months and I already thinking of QUITTING!!!! To make this worse, the team already arranging their yearly planning on holidays and what not. DAMN I hate the feeling of being the one to be blame on if anything went wrong. 

So,it's already 4 days after my mental breakdown when I found out that I only have 26 days of holidays INCLUSIVE of USA public holidays (as I represent other region), I've decided to give this job another chance as I once said to myself  

"THE FIRST TWO YEARS WOULD BE MY STRUGGLING YEARS TO MAKE MONEY!"


So,here I am today, not regretting my decisions but improving myself to have a wiser decision-making techniques in the future,or perhaps NOW!

* Excited to carry on with 2 projects,which in "on-going process" to make it happen

No comments: