Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Meoowww!

assalamualaikum :)

miss me?hikhik..i just wish you're

my last post would be early of the month and follow up is end of the month.At least I'm updating.

wanna update about the latest trip I had with my aunt,just the two of us..for sure,I was sponsored to skipped my classes and my industrial training briefing.

Went to Kuching,Sarawak for 2 days and 1 night.Don't ask me why it was so damn short for such a long journey[the flight was 1 hour &45 mins].Anyway,the main purpose[s] were to find the F>A>M>O>U>S Ikan Terubuk Asin and Kek Lapis Sarawak.


The last time I went to Kuching was in 1999,such a bad holiday moments to remember[maybe gonna story about it later,when it's relevant].So in 2010,after 9+ years,we created new memories of Kuching!


Kuching International Airport

Last time the airport wasn't this good.Now it's like mini-KLIA!When we arrived,its already raining and the flight was shaky[pening flight macam penat menari dangdut ala2 inul].The flaw that I experienced was there's N>O ATM Machine at the waiting hall,with Chanel and Famous Amos in the building!!!Not good!Some how I don't wanna use my ATM Debit Card which left me kempunan for Famous Amos on the way back to KL.


Harbour View Hotel

The hotel is a 3/4 stars hotel[definitely more than 2 stars and we don't expect it to be luxury for a short trip] and located ermm..around 5 minutes of walking to Kuching Waterfront.We only took cab to airport and to Pasar Satok,other than this,work my legs off!

The golden building is not a mosque which i thought at first.It the state building!I wonder if the employees stay at the other side of the river,they would have to cross the river EVERY working days![exclude with cars].I guess that is normal :)

Upon arrival,my aunt took a nap around 1 hour and me watching HBO while waiting for the rain to stop but it doesn't look like it would stop.We ate lunch and we realized that there's only ONE Muslim restaurant in the town.There are also some sort of Cafe' along Kuching Waterfront but it were closed during the day.


Shop houses along of Kuching Waterfront.

I dont even know what "Tebaloi" means,snapped 'asal dapat je' :) Thinking of buying the batik flip flop but tak nak larr berangan jadi Japanese tetiba.Majority of shops sell souvenirs and shirts which I dont even care to buy since no budget for it,unless some one asked for it and nak ke pakai lagi T-Shirt tulis "Kuching" or "Sarawak".Nowadays,nak pakai paling tak pun, Hard Rock Bali kan..huhuhu...

We bought our Kek Lapis along these shop houses,seriously confused which patterns to pick since everything tasted the same[for me]. RM10 per cake but if you buy around 8,they will sell it around RM70-75.Murah ke?plus box!hihi..


There's also air-conditioning bazaar at the Kuching Waterfront which sell the same thing with the shop-houses along the road.I just wonder how do they survive in their businesses.The India Street that we went 10 years ago was absolutely different from what I've shown you above.The environment used to be like along Jalan Brickfield or Jalan Masjid India.Even the mamak stall dah tak macam mamak?India Street dah modern i guess..



We ate dinner at some Cafe' along Kuching Waterfront and I ordered Sirap Bandung,sedap! and Thai Fried Rice.Picture above shown Fried Rice with Fried Terubuk,my aunt ordered that. That was the only pic that my aunt snapped that has me in it!serious tak der camwhore session if walk with my aunt nie..

We went to Pasar Satok the next day before flying back to KL but somehow we were lazy to snapped some pics..

And yeah,the next day would be our departure day to KL.Exclusive snap shot of my sponsor to Kuching!

I just not into these cultural or nature thingy,so I guess, Kuching tak ngam with me!Just for the sake of buying Kek Lapis Sarawak or Terubuk Asin,2 days and 1 night would be more than sufficient. :)

The End

No comments: