Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

House-Wife

No,this entry is not about me watching Desperate Housewives series.

I remember when I was in Primary school, teacher will gave a A4-size card to fill in few of my ambitions. Never failed to filled it out every year. Apa motive tukar-tukar ambitions every year? No wonder I'm blurr! For the first year in school, i guess my parent filled the empty space for me. They wrote Doctor??? Erm,high expectations sungguh mereka ini.

Sorry PaMa, it seems that I'm not going to that direction right now. Maybe in future years, I marry a doctor? Nearer to the ambition i guess :p

There's naughty feeling in me that I want to be a house wife @ Suri RumahTangga. Talking about ambitious huh?

For me,having a mom that is a full-time housewife does influence that unique ambition of mine.
She always there when I got home from school,ready with dishes and yada yada yada.

BUT she used to said:

"Kalau mama bergaji,mesti mama dah bawak kamu semua jalan2 kat shopping mall and beli baju/seluar/whatever kamu semua nak once a while"

Hmm,suddenly rasa sedih disitu. My mom married when she was 18 and got me when she's 19. So,it's already 22-23 years of her life being a full-time housewife. And with a middle-income husband,she used to sacrificed her wants to survive households monthly budget.

One thing I noticed, she's having issue with her self-confidence.Maybe because her school-mates is doing well in jobs or maybe she doesn't socialize enough. I don't know.She hopes that her man can protects her till the end and now she realizes it's time to change that perceptions and improve.. Well, it's never too late to change.

Not that I'm making my mom look bad or whatsoever.Maybe this could be a reminder to myself and maybe others.

I do, still wants to be a housewife,but with guarantees that I can still earn income. Maybe doing business and I have the right to choose my own working hours.Yer lar,nanti husband ada income and kita duduk rumah jaga anak,akan affect jugak self esteem tue. Feel left out and all that.Worse,it can be one of the reason for divorce.Scary!

Now,lets start planning for future.

No comments: